We stuck our heads out of the window, and yes, it’s still summer, and still hot. Even so, we might want a meal that’s more than a cold salad, from time to time. Today, we bring you two easy recipes for dinner and dessert. The sooner you’re done cooking, the sooner you can get back to the important things, like sewing.
Jill found this first recipe, and we like it because anytime the words crispy and Parmesan and chicken are added together, they equal yummy. And if you have your own garden, any recipe that lets you use your fresh produce is a plus. So bring on the zucchini!
Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken
- 2 Chicken Breasts, sliced in half, or 4 thin chicken breasts
- 8 Tablespoons butter, divided
- ½ cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup plus 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan, divided
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt 2 Tablespoons butter. To make the chicken: Melt remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and flour. Dip the chicken in the butter and then coat in the bread crumb mixture and place in skillet.
- Cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes until the outside is crispy and the chicken is cooked throughout. Set aside on plate.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of butter back to the skillet and saute the minced garlic for a minute. Add the zucchini to the skillet and saute until tender. Salt and pepper to taste and add some 1 Tablespoon Parmesan. Add the chicken back to the skillet and heat for a minute or so. Serve immediately.
After that quick and savory dinner, how about something sweet? One of Stephanie’s favorites is chocolate pie, and we think that sounds just right. This recipe comes from an old stand-by, Kraft Recipes, where you can always find something inviting to whip up. The name of this chocolate silk pie sounds complicated, but the recipe is not!
Chocolate Silk Pie with Marshmallow Meringue
5 oz. BAKER’S Bittersweet Chocolate, divided
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 jar (7 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme, divided
1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
1 cup cold milk
1 OREO Pie Crust (6 oz.)
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
Microwave 4 oz. chocolate in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 min. or until melted, stirring after 1 min. Add cream cheese, half the marshmallow creme, dry pudding mix and milk; beat with mixer until blended. Pour into crust.
Beat remaining marshmallow creme with COOL WHIP in separate bowl until blended; spread over chocolate layer in crust.
Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Meanwhile, use remaining chocolate to make chocolate curls. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Garnish pie with chocolate curls before serving.
We hope you enjoy these recipes, and that a little break and some delicious food fuels you to get back to the things you love to do, whether it’s sewing, or just 30 more minutes pinning all those cute projects on Pinterest!