Quilters, we think fall has arrived! October is upon us, and November is bound to be right behind, unless they changed the calendar. And fall means pumpkins. We know they try to make pumpkin-spice-flavored everything, but we found an easy, yummy, crock-pot pumpkin dessert that uses real pumpkin puree, and not much of your sewing time.
Slow-Cooker Pumpkin Cobbler
courtesy of The Gunny Sack cooking blog
- 3 eggs
- Large can of pumpkin puree (29 oz)
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Butter Pecan Cake Mix
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- ¾ cup melted butter
- Beat the eggs slightly.
- Add the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, sugars, cinnamon, ginger, salt and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into a greased slow cooker.
- Top with the powdered cake mix and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over the top.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Mix this baby up, put it in your slow cooker, and sew away while it cooks!